Friday, May 29, 2015

Day 6 - Penticton to Kelowna

102.7 kms - Total so far 535.15 kms http://ridewithgps.com/trips/4808338

Daniel is still traumatized over the loss of his jet pack/bear belt that he will take a night off blogging. Therefore I will write, Hélène.

Tonight will be a short update since we had a long day.  We has a glorious morning, we packed up in the sun, all the gear was dry when we left.  Cycling the Okanagan Valley was breathtaking, our words and pictures cannot do it justice.
Vineyard on Okanagan Lake before Peachland

As I was cycling down from Summerland it hit me that I'm actually doing this trip and that everything will work out considering we have put so much effort and preparation into it.  I got all emotional as I was cycling, Daniel was cycling ahead of me and I could not have been any happier.  I'm so glad I could share this trip with the man I love.  I know it's all sounding mushy, it's usually not my style, what can I say.

Since yesterday the scenery has changed a lot, we are no longer in bear country but instead enjoying the sights of vineyards and fruit orchards.  In Peachland, we cycled through downtown which was very pretty and we had a picnic for lunch.
Only on a picnic do I allow myself to eat straight out of the pot

Cycling through Kelowna was stressful and difficult, street lights and stop signs take a lot of energy for us to get going after each stop.
The only safe place to ride in Kelowna, the bridge








Happy couple having a stay-cation










For the gang in Building 34, thinking about you! 

7 comments:

  1. Beautiful Okanagan valley, BC is so scenic, I wish I was there also. It's a trip of a lifetime, so it's very natural to be emotionel. Wonder what they are doing in the Agriculture bldg?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beau couple de balbuzard pêcheur (osprey)! Jojo

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. |Here's hoping your ride along the Okanagan Lake allows you to sneak in a sighting of the Ogopogo Monster. Bonne chance and keep the posts coming.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Salut Hélène & Daniel, savourez chaque instant! Bonne route :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete